Writing Activities: Year 3
Spider monkeys live in the tropical rainforests of South America and Central America. They have long, lanky arms and tails that can grip branches. These features allow them to move easily from tree to tree.
In this clip, we will see a young spider monkey get herself into a tricky situation, but don’t worry – dad is on hand to help out!
Imagine you a concerned spider monkey parent. You have just had to save your darling daughter from falling from a very high tree.
Write a letter to all young spider monkeys, warning them why they should not try to climb trees that are too high.
- Address the young spider monkeys – Dear young spider monkeys,
- Explain why you are writing to them – I am writing to you today to…
- Explain why your message is so important – This is an important issue because…
- Include any other information that you think is important
- Sign off your letter – Kind monkey wishes, (your name)
Wider curriculum idea
Choose your favourite image of a spider monkey from kids.kiddle.co and draw it as accurately as you can!